WACO ALUMNAE PANHELLENIC BYLAWS
The name of this organization shall be the WACO ALUMNAE PANHELLENIC, affiliated with the National Panhellenic Conference.
The purpose of this organization shall be:
Section 1: To promote interfraternity friendship and cooperation.
Section 2: To unite closely the Colleges, College Panhellenics, and Alumnae Panhellenics in the study of problems interesting to all.
Section 3: To further interests in any kinds of social service, civic affairs, and philanthropic fields.
Section 4: To disseminate authentic information which will reflect favorably the high purposes of Panhellenic fraternities.
Section 1: Alumnae of any National Panhellenic Conference fraternity who live in or near Waco may become members of Waco Alumnae Panhellenic upon payment of prescribed dues.
Section 2: Classification of Members:
A. Active members shall be from only those fraternities which have fully qualified for membership as specified by NPC and which have duly admitted to membership in NPC.
B. Alternate members shall be from those fraternities which have not fully qualified for active membership in NPC but which have admitted to associate membership.
STRUCTURE AND REPRESENTATION
Section 1: Each active member fraternity shall have one official delegate and one alternate delegate, both of whom shall be expected to attend all Panhellenic meetings and shall serve during the Panhellenic meetings.
Section 2: The EXECUTIVE COUNCIL shall consist of the elected officers, the chairmen of Standing Committees and the official delegates of each fraternity. The duty of the COUNCIL shall be to transact business at delegate meetings.
Section 3: Each fraternity shall have ONE vote.
Section 4: The EXECUTIVE BOARD of the Council shall consist of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and the Immediate Past President, serving as Parliamentarian. The duties of this BOARD shall be to transact emergency business of the Panhellenic. The President will be responsible for determining a budget for the fiscal year she serves as President. She will have a budget committee consisting of the Treasurer and two fraternity members from fraternities not represented by the President and Treasurer.
Section 5: A quorum (a simple majority) of voting fraternities shall be required for transaction of business.
Section 6: The four elected officers need not be the official delegate of their fraternities.
Section 1: The fiscal year of the WACO ALUMNAE PANHELLENIC shall be from July 1 through June 30.
Section 2: The annual membership dues of each member group shall be either a $20.00 group fee plus $1.50 per member or $3.00 per member whichever is less.
Section 3: The treasurer (or Delegate) of each fraternity shall submit to the Treasurer and Yearbook Chairman of Waco Alumnae Panhellenic the required amount of dues and a list of members on October 15th each year.
Section 1: There shall be at least four delegate business meetings each year.
Section 2: There shall be at least one social meeting each year.
Section 3: Special meetings may be called by the President.
Section 4: A Recruitment Forum for high school seniors will be held each year.
Section 1: The officers of the Panhellenic shall be: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Parliamentarian. The officers shall be installed at the last meeting of the year.
Section 2: The Vice President shall be chosen by alphabetical rotation from member fraternities and shall advance to the Presidency the following year.
Section 3: The Secretary and Treasurer shall be nominated by the Nominating Committee at the next to the last meeting and elected by a majority of the voting delegates at the same meeting. Nominations may be made from the floor providing the nominees have given their consent to accept the office if elected. Any single fraternity shall hold only one elective office.
Section 4: The Parliamentarian shall be the past president and serve for one year.
Section 5: A vacancy occurring in an office shall be filled by the President WITH THE APPROVAL OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD. Except that if a vacancy occurs in the office of President or Vice President, the fraternity holding that office shall be responsible for selecting a replacement WITH THE APPROVAL OF THE PANHELLENIC EXECUTIVE BOARD.
DUTIES OF OFFICERS
Section 1: The President shall preside at all meetings of the Panhellenic and shall appoint all standing and special committees, except the Panhellenic Forum Committee. She shall supervise her officers, committees and chairmen and instruct them as to the duties of their respective offices. She shall make reports to the National Alumnae Panhellenic Conference as required. She shall make all correspondence sent to her from the National Panhellenic available to the delegates and officers at the first available meeting.
Section 2: The Vice President shall perform the duties of the President in the absence of that officer and shall act as Panhellenic Forum Chairman. Each fraternity shall have one representative on the Forum Committee.
Section 3: The Treasurer shall be the custodian of all moneys and shall report on receipts and disbursements at each meeting. She shall see to it that any members receiving money for Panhellenic in the form of dues or donations from other sources shall be deposited in the Waco Alumnae Panhellenic account within a reasonable amount of time. No moneys shall be used for operating expenses unless authorized by the Treasurer. Reimbursements will be made only when proper receipts are given to the Treasurer. She shall pay the annual dues of the Waco Alumnae Panhellenic to the National Panhellenic Conference. She shall have such other duties as the Council requires.
Section 4: The Secretary shall keep the minutes and records of all meetings held by Delegates and Executive Council and Executive Board. She shall notify each delegate and alternate delegate at least one week in advance of each regular or special Panhellenic meeting.
Section 5: The Parliamentarian shall maintain order at all times and shall guide the Panhellenic in proper parliamentary procedure, according to Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised, and be responsible for by-laws revision. She shall assist the President with reports to the National Panhellenic and send the Yearbook to the area Advisor.
Section 1: Standing Committees shall consist of a chairman, selected from duly elected delegates or alternate delegates, and the remaining members selected from the paid membership in consultation with the member’s delegate. These committees shall be:
A. Publicity Committee:
1. This committee shall see that notice of regular meetings of the Panhellenic appears in the news media before meetings and furnish complete coverage to news media afterwards.
2. This committee shall be responsible for all
Fall Social and Panhellenic Recruitment Forum publicity.
B. Panhellenic Forum Committee:
1. This committee shall consist of the Vice President as Chairman and one representative from each fraternity.
2. They shall make all arrangements for the Panhellenic Forum informing all interested high school graduates.
3. This committee shall cooperate with the Collegiate Panhellenic in helping build a better image of all fraternities.
4. The Vice President will be in charge of all the information sheets and the Forum Chairman-Elect will be selected from the fraternity whose rotation is next in alphabetical order for Vice President.
C. Yearbook Committee:
1. This committee shall consist of a Chairman and three (3) members from different fraternities in alphabetical rotation. The Chairman-Elect will be the first in rotation, so that each fraternity will stay on the yearbook committee for 2 years.
2. This committee shall compile all data, publish, and distribute yearbook information for the Panhellenic.
D. Nominating Committee:
1. This committee of three appointed by the President shall submit a slate of nominees for office at the next to the last meeting, at which time the election of officers will be held.
E. Budget Committee:
1. This committee shall be composed of the Executive Board and shall review the books of the Treasurer by the end of July each year.
F. Fall Social:
1. This committee appointed by the President shall be responsible for all arrangements for the Panhellenic Fall Social.
1. The President shall appoint such Special Committees as are necessary.
Waco Alumnae Panhellenic shall be governed by Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised.
Section 1: Proposed amendments to the Bylaws shall be submitted in writing to the delegates one month prior to a vote on such proposed changes.
Section 2: Adoption of the proposed amendment requires a two-thirds majority of the voting delegates in good standing acting upon instructions from their fraternity.
- Representatives must be instructed by their fraternities before voting on any non-routine business.
- This Panhellenic shall be governed by Recruitment rules in compliance with the National Panhellenic Conference.
- The member to be elected Vice-President in fraternity alphabetical rotation shall have served as a delegate, alternate delegate or Panhellenic officer previously.
- Delegate meetings shall be held the third Thursday of the month as designated by the Panhellenic calendar.
- A social meeting shall be held in the Fall.
- A Recruitment Information Forum date will be selected by the Vice-President and the Forum committee.
- Dues of $40.00 to National Alumnae Panhellenic are due on an annual basis and should be paid in a timely manner.
- Written notice of any special business that needs attention before or at the next meeting should be sent by the secretary to each absent delegate.
- The Panhellenic yearbooks shall be given to the fraternity members present at the Fall Social. Those not picked up shall be given to the delegates for distribution. In the event that the yearbooks are ready in time for the first meeting of the fiscal year, they may be distributed at that time.